How to create a Personalized RSS feed (or widget)?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Aniej, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I am trying to figure out how to create a personalized RSS feed that updates my stock portfolio, does anyone know how to do this? Oh, and I am not looking for the generic RSS feed aggregator that only works for static information where you just want to combine feeds to read once, I am looking to make a feed that draws the info from a site like google finance. At a very minimum, I would settle for making a widget, but would really rather the RSS. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Come on, I know someone knows how to do this, it's MR after all there's gotta be someone out there.

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

really no one knows?

I guess I will throw this out one last time, I have posted similar questions and never seem to get a reply. Either I am not asking the question correctly, this is impossible to do, or people really don't care about RSS. I have to think that it cannot be the last two based on the prevelance of RSS and the fact that I have met a lot of smart people on here (and some not so smart;) ).

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There are various web scrapers for Firefox. There is a very popular one which I can't remember the name of at the moment. If I do I'll get back to you.

Got it, I should have remembered - Greasemonkey. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/748/ Not strictly just a scraper, more a scripter.