how to create POp-up windows in Frontpage?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development (archive)' started by abdul, Dec 17, 2003.

1. macrumors member

HELP. how do you create pop-up windows in frontpage? i dont want code, but simple instructions like

file>.......>.........etc

please can sopmeone help me.

2. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

even if i knew anything about frontpage, i probably would not tell you how to make a pop up with it... not only that but i think it's all code that you will need.

i hate pop ups: not just the ads, but also any website that wants to be viewed in a new smaller window. it always messes with my browser size. why can't all web site just be viewable with the same window?

3. thread starter macrumors member

doesnt matter now. all i wanted to do was create a pop-up for a website building project i had to do. the deadlines today at 1400gmt. i think ive finished now anyway.

thanks for telling me (even if you did know!)

4. macrumors 68000

varmit

pop ups are just javascripts

Just for knowledge sake, use a javascript. That when someone comes to your page, it pops up pre made html files that are just advertisements. Simple.

5. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

he said he didn't want to mess with any code, so javascript is a no go for him.

which means there was probably no way to do it.

6. thread starter macrumors member

7. macrumors regular

Frontpage is awful. Grab yourself a copy of Mozilla Composer, Dreamweaver or learn HTML.

8. macrumors newbie

It's a joke, isn't it?

I mean, this fellow used Create and Frontpage in the sentence, so he must be pulling our leg, right?:cool: