Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leo Bruno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Hi:

On a MacBook Pro I have a 240gb SSD and 1TB HDD drives.

The SSD disc is partitioned as follows:
#1 - EFI
#2 - Mac Os X (Mac Os Expanded)
#3 - Mac Recover
#4 - Windows 7 (NTFS)

The HDD is partitioned as a single NTFS patition.

I need to create an image file from the SSD disc and save it at the Hdd disc.

The software must work by booting from a usb stick with EFI, because obviously, I removed the "Superdisc" blu ray reader.

I´m having a hard time to find a 3rd party software to accomplish it.

Some doesn´t even read the mac partition to create the image, others create the image but fails when recovering to the disc.

Have tried:

* Mac Os X native "disc tool";
* Acronis True Image
* Aomei Backupper Pro
* Clonezilla

If you know somwthing that ACTUALLY WORKS, please give me a hand.
I know that this is no business for beginners, so if you are one, please don´t bother.

Thanx in advance.

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
I believe you have to clone the Mac and Windows partitions separately. You can boot from the recovery partition and Disk Utility to clone the Mac partition to a disk image. But be aware that the disk image will not be bootable. To make a bootable image, you need to clone to an Apple formatted drive.

You can then use something like WinClone to clone the Windows partition.

Leo Bruno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
I believe you have to clone the Mac and Windows partitions separately. You can boot from the recovery partition and Disk Utility to clone the Mac partition to a disk image. But be aware that the disk image will not be bootable. To make a bootable image, you need to clone to an Apple formatted drive.

You can then use something like WinClone to clone the Windows partition.

Hi John.

First I want to thank you for taking the time to answer me.

This is odd, I Tried to clone the mac partition using the disk utility tool, but that was not possible. Icould only clone the entire disk to image.

I´m using mountain Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.