How to customize my login panel?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Littleodie914, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, I've been messing around the last couple days trying to customize lots of the different Mac OS X pictures and stuff. One thing I can't seem to figure out, however, is how to change the login panel itself. I know how to change the apple image and text that appears on the panel, and I know how to change the background image, but I can't figure out how to alter the panel itself. I've been told to replace the login.nib file in the resources folder of SecurityAgent.app and of SecurityAgentPlugins, but to no avail. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks! :D

2. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Yea, I've seen that, but it doesn't do exactly what I'm looking for. I want to change the actual login panel itself, not just the images on it. Like check out the panels here. How exactly do you apply things like those? Thanks!

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Did you look around through that site you linked to? There are instructions there.

4. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Yea, I've gone through all of the steps and actually changed the login.nib file, but it doesn't actually change anything on the login page. When I re-open the .nib, it shows up how I'd like it to look, but upon logging out, it's the normal apple login window. If anyone could actually get this to work (as I haven't seen any screenshots), I'd really appreciate a walkthrough of sorts. Sorry to be a bother! :rolleyes:

5. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Did you log out or reboot? Maybe it needs a reboot, because the other file is cached and the login screen is still the old one. Activity monitor says that it continues to run even after login, probably due to fast user switching.

I have done this before, even changed the grey apple at start up to something else. I know there is a place that has a great library of this stuff, can't remember where.

Attached Files:

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

the instructions on that site worked for me when i did it