How to deauthorize multi comps with itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Solafaa, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

How may i deauthorize ALL my Macs and some windows from using iTunes? problem is that i am away on a little trip and cant deauthorize each one. I would like to deauthorize all of them then authorize them back.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I don't think you can deauthorize all of them from any given computer; however, if you log onto your account at iTMS, you can see how many remain authorized. It's unfortunate that you can't manage them there.

3. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I have authorized 5 times :( but some of the authorized computers have had a clean instrall so i can authorized them.

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

You need to email Apple's iTMS customer support people and tell them to deauthorize all your computers. They will do it, then you simply re-authorize the one's you want.

Also, in the future, remeber to deauthorize before you perform a clean install.

5. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I almost made the same mistake before I did a clean install on my PowerBook. Right before I was going to click 'Earse Partition' while on the Mac OS X startup disc, and I just remembered...iTunes! :eek:

Good luck, I should give Apple a call though since I formated my old iBook without remembering about iTunes :(

6. neut macrumors 68000

neut

yeah, i think the wait times for this are getting longer ... there must be a lot of people doing this and im sure Apple is sick of resetting account authorization.

i've done it once before ... now i've sold a computer and i don't have access to it! :(

still waiting.

peace.