how to delete a Wireless AP name in OS 10.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by etherburn2000, Mar 31, 2005.

1. etherburn2000 macrumors member

does anyone know how I can delete a Wireless AP name on OS 10.3.

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

delete it from where? the list of wireless networks that are in range in the Airport menubar item?

3. etherburn2000 thread starter macrumors member

yes the wireless AP on the airport menu bar. how to I delete in from the list there?

4. 12ibookg4 macrumors regular

those are APs that it is currently detecting. they will be there until it doesn't see them anymore. you could just turn off showing airport status in the menu bar if you really dont want it showing up

5. etherburn2000 thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks its just I'm selling my G4 ibook and I don't want the person I'm selling to see my home AP profile or the password I set up on the access point. Thatz why I'm asking is there a way to delete it like on the PC

6. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

In order to delete your wireless access point's password from your system just go to the Keychain Access application on your hard drive in the Utilities folder which is in your Applications folder (/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access) then click on your AirPort network password (if you have one) right click on it (or control click if you have a one button mouse) and then click on delete from the contextual menu, or just press the delete icon on the toolbar.

Since you are selling your computer -- If I were you, I'd format the hard drive. This will clear everything from your system. To do so just boot your computer off of your OS X disk and choose the option erase and install. Doing this will erase absolutely everything that is on your computer now.