How to delete duplicate songs on iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacEffects, Feb 7, 2006.

1. MacEffects macrumors 6502

Hello Everyone,
    I was just wondering how do you delete songs that have more then one of each, I thought it'd might be consolidate library but then it asked me something, and I was not sure... I know it sounds like I don't know how to use iTunes but I do everyday, just don't know this :eek:

Please let me know.

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

In the Library, select Edit>Show duplicate songs. Then delete the duplicates it shows.
    Once done, go back to Edit>show all.

3. MacEffects thread starter macrumors 6502

Great, THANKS GUYS! I must have no common sense or I'm just plain blind :cool:

4. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Well, it was ticking me off with certain artists being missing from the artists list on both my iPod and iTunes library. Then I realised all the ones missing were classed as compilations, so selected them all and unchecked the compilations box, (I never use the list on either iPod or iTunes anyway), and got the artists correct. This did give me duplicates of the tracks when I dragged them over to my iPod, (which is manually managed now), but there is no option to see duplicate songs anywhere other than the library, so had to select Compilations from Browse and do a select all>delete.

Bless common sense. :)

5. joshd88 macrumors newbie

finally lol

i knew there was a way to do it but im new wit a mac n i couldnt figure it out saves alot of time lol cheers!

6. neeraj123 macrumors newbie

well i'm new to mac and its family softwares..when i select show duplicates, some of my songs which have 4 copies in itunes show all 4 copies and the others having 4 copies show only 3 copies, so i cant select all and press delete. in both the cases, the songs are with identical names and else...wonder why this is happening.

7. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

Dupin, listed above, works very well though there is no way to filter on the path as well. Could very well be worth the $15 purchase price.