Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
I am designing labels in illustrator to print myself. They are 8 to a page...how can I make it that whatever i do in one label mimics in all the others? Is this possible, so i don't have to edit each one every time i have a change.

The template .pdf is attached.

Attachments

• OL600.pdf
    77.5 KB · Views: 828

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
The key is to do all your design work in a master document with only ONE label.

Group the elements of that label. Then, record an Action that uses the Transform:Move:Copy functions to replicate the group across and down to populate the 8 labels. (easy to calculate the numeric offsets for the moves).

Then save the 8-up document with a different name.

Need to change it?
Go back to the master document, make your changes, and re-run the Action to make 8 labels again.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
canadaRAM to the rescue again. That was perfect...thank you very much.

You should try some of the products I make sometime...you're in Victoria right?

We make the sausage on the pizza's at Villages, and you'll probably find our dry cured sausages in most small stores under the label "Moccia's".

http://www.moccia.ca

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
or....

you can make one master label. Then make that a symbol (it's in the symbol palette). ONce it's a symbol, copy and move them until you have them where you need them. When you need to edit them, just double click on one of them, edit it, and then get out of the symbol editor thing. Once back at your document, they will all update immediately.

-JE

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
Of course you are aware that OSX Addressbook can automatically format and print sheets of labels using the included Avery label templates.
You can also Print to PDF from Addressbook to create a portable document.

I use this create sheets of 80 identical mailing labels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.