How to: Desktop pictures for your Mac

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Feb 21, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003

Category: Tips and How To's
    Link: How to: Desktop pictures for your Mac
    Description:: The world is beautiful and there’s no better way to remind yourself of that than to put a little piece of it on your desktop. Moreover, being the utterly modern and advanced operating system that it is, OS X gives you plenty of ways to get images into and display them on your Macintosh.

Posted on
    Approved by Mudbug
  2. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Anything in 3840x1200?

And before someone links me to the five pictures on InterfaceLift, I'll add:

Anything good?
  3. macrumors newbie

Jan 22, 2009
    Corning, NY
    Great Backgrounds! No InterfaceLift!

If you want good background phot set to your screen specifications, look no further than GOOGLE IMAGES. All you have to do is go to Google Images and go to Advanced Image Search. Once there, youcan choose a approximate size such as large or small, or type in your exact size of poto you want. After that, type in the background you want such as Apple or Cool Background. Whatever you want! There are endless amounts of pictures, to your specifications, to your liking.

Written by Ian Loomis
    Cinema Modern Corporation
  4. macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2003
    Admittedly, I haven't used vista extensively, but I always enjoed the fact that screenshots was a feature that Microsoft hadn't yet aped properly.
  5. macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2008
    North Korea
    Noone knows if this is floating around anywhere do they?
    Apple should include it as a standard background, it looks amazing :)

6. macrumors member

Dec 6, 2008