How to Disable "Loading program into debugger"

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by webstersx, Feb 26, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

(Title should be 'How do I Disable.. ?')
    Hi,

I'm trying to write a programmer for a course project and i've been using the 'Build and Go' option a lot to see progress so far.

For some reason I must have hit some key combination that I don't know and now instead of crashing on an exception, XCode will now load the program into the debugger -- which is annoying because I don't want to debug it since I probably know exactly where the problem is.

How do I disable it from 'loading programming into debugger...' and just let it crash?

Thanks!

2. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Change your Active Configuration from Debug to Release perhaps?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I could have sworn i've been in debug configuration the entire time..

4. macrumors regular

xsmasher

Did you, at some point, add a symbolic breakpoint on something? like objc_msg? Check the breakpoints window for symbolic breakpoints.

5. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Oh, yeah. If you don't have any breakpoints set, it shouldn't load the program into the debugger. Let us know what you find.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

I think what may have happened was that i accidentally hit command-shift-t (build and debug) instead of command-shift-r (to open up debug log) ...

subsequently every time i hit the 'build and go' button, it assumed i wanted to 'build and debug' instead of 'build and run'

does this sound like the cause of my problem to you guys?