Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
How can I get the amount of HD space used and unused to appear on the brushed silver bar of the HD window?

briankonar

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2004
desktop Show Info will show both used an unused memory (although it still doesn't auto update...wtf, and yes even after i focus back on the finder it doesn't update). finder Show Info only shows the amount remaining.

chv400

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2003
Houston, TX
WTF i just checked to see if mine updated and it didn't.
I tested my USB flash key
So then i did a nother test by duplication a 200meg DV file and it did so i'm not sure what's going on I didn't even have to refocus on the finder.
I get the feeling it just does it whenever it feels like it

nargot

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
Australia
briankonar said:
desktop Show Info will show both used an unused memory (although it still doesn't auto update...wtf, and yes even after i focus back on the finder it doesn't update). finder Show Info only shows the amount remaining.

it takes along time for the desktop 'space remaining' to refresh, its only really accurate after a restart

as for the real question i don't know how to turn on/off the space remaining in the brushed aluminum window. Mine just displays how much is remaining down the bottom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.