How To Display Progress Bar In iTunes Mini Player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neocell, Aug 24, 2005.

1. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Hi all,
    I just starting using the iTunes mini player a couple of weeks ago. I like it a lot. Only thing is I keep expecting to see a progress bar as the song elapses, as in my iPod display as well as the normal iTunes display. I keep looking to the corner and see the volume bar at full and thinking that the song is over, then my neuron fires and says you're still hearing stuff, my brain (neuron) goes blank for second, then it fires again and I get that stupid, "oh yeah it's just the volume setting (obviously my eyes and ears need better coordination, apparently a lot to ask of my neuron) Does anyone know how to get the mini player to display the song progress bar?

Thanks

(1) Causes brain fart; (2) What I'd like to see

Attached Files:

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's a feature I'd like to see too. I'll go and ask Apple now, thanks for the reminder. :)

4. neocell thread starter macrumors 65816

neocell

Thanks for the help. How do you 'ask' Apple? On their feedback page? Does it ever work?

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, their feedback page is the place to ask. But I don't know that it works all that well. Oh well, it's worth a try. :)

6. Jonx macrumors 6502

Jonx

i like osx a lot but apple left out some of the basic features and it they wont cange or add those :mad: just like safari's new tab button :mad: i'll better go ask once more lol :p

7. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Make sure the miniplayer is expanded enough that it has the panel which displays the song title and elapsed time. If you are seeing the equalizer, click on the triangle on the left of the player display. Then click on the elapsed time and it will change to a count down of remaining time. This is as close to what you want as you can get.

HTH

8. neocell thread starter macrumors 65816

neocell

Yeah, that's the setting I have it at now, but I just wanted that little bit more.
    Thanks

9. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

just use the itunes widget, there's a way to make it stay on the screen even when you hide the rest of dashboard, but I forget the command.

10. neocell thread starter macrumors 65816

neocell

Good idea, never thought of it, though when I took a look at the widget, aaugh, don't want that ugly think on my desktop. Is there other skins/widgets that look like the mini player?

11. neocell thread starter macrumors 65816

neocell

YES BABY!!!!!!!!

**EDIT**

iTunes 5

Attached Files: