how to dl share file

Discussion in 'iPod' started by littlekenneth, Jan 26, 2006.

1. littlekenneth macrumors member

Hi,

I am planning to dl song from my cousin's iTune. I have seen friends using some kind of program to download songs from the share file under iTune. I wondered how would i be able to get it done, and what kind of program should i use? and where can i get them? Thanks

2. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Enable disk mode on your ipod, and then just drag and drop the files into it. Then carry it to your computer and connect the ipod, and whalla! Drag and drop.

3. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

Are there any other way of getting it done? I have seen someone in school downloading someone's song from the iTune library. I forgot what's that software call. something tune.... Can you please clarify and direct me to get that software? Thanks...

4. lordj4000 macrumors member

Maybe your thinking of Ourtunes?

5. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

oh I know what you are talking about. Its called gettunes! I use it but yes, you have to be sharing the same network and enable "sharing" in the itunes preference to dl from gettunes.

6. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone for sharing ideas and giving me instructions. I think what jsupetran mentioned about the gettune is something i am looking for. I wondered where can i dl it from. Can you send me link? Thanks for your help and lordj4000 as well.

7. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23849

I love this program...

8. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

thanks a lot for the link. I will give it a try... Thanks