How to download patch for oblivion? 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by coffey7, Jun 9, 2006.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I can't seem to find it anywhere. I found the extra content for this game but I don't see anything for the patch. Yes I'm on xbox live and I looked everywhere.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

? Is it available yet... Havent been on oblivion for a week or more.

Apparently (according to ign) when you start the game, assuming your connected to live, it should automatically tell you theres an update for the game, do you want to apply/download..

You dont need to do it in marketplace at all.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The PC patch is out, not sure about the 360 yet. Don't think my brothers Oblivion has been patched yet...

4. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

Yes, it is out for 360. You start up the game and make sure your 360 has a connection to XBOX Live, and it'll tell you that you have to install a new patch for the game. Game runs much smoother now.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Does it fix the broken quests?

I've got two quests that I can't complete because of bugs. A corpse is missing in a Warriors' guild quest and this guy died in another quest and I have no way to tell his wife he's dead (she hired me to find him). :/

Anybody got a list of what has been fixed?

6. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Ask and you shall receive. :D

7. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Thanks! You're an Ace.

Looks like at least 1 of my quest has been fixed.

I wonder if the changes will take effect even if the quest has already been triggered. (Will the missing corpse now appear where it was supposed to be?)

8. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Yeah, there's a bunch of good fixes. Ideally I'd like bethesda to come out with a cheat menu on the 360 version that will let you tweak levels, gold, items, etc. like there is for the PC. Now that I've beaten the game (honestly) I want to go through it again and maybe do some cheating :D

And by maybe I mean definitely.

9. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

Wow, it happened so quick that I didn't even know the patch was downloaded. I turned it(360) on with the game and it just said "new download" and 2 secs latter it was done. It might have been nice to tell me what the heck I was downloading. Oh well at least I have it.

10. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

I have problems with that exact same quest... I read that current quests will still be broken, you have to start a new game ... so I guess no completing Fighter's Guild quest for me :(
    I might still double-check this over week-end, you never know.

(I already spent waaaaay too many hours on this to start over again...)