How to edit "known WiFi-Networks"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dadudeness, Dec 23, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

I've been using my iPhone 3g for several weeks and it was connected to a bunch of w-lans. How can I delete a Network from the internal "known"-list or set prirorities and stuff like that?

At Engadget's I found a screenshot of the menu, but where to find it?

[​IMG]

2. macrumors regular

Not sure if this is what you mean but..
    Settings > WiFi > Look at choose network and next to the network you want to forget hit the blue arrow > tap "forget this network" on the top.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Yes and no. I'm searching for a menu where I can see the networks my iPhone knows and where I can delete those or edit encryption settings.

I know that the menu shown in the screenshot is nowhere to find in the current firmware, but there has to be a way to do what I want.

Maybe in the iPhone configuration utility?

4. macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Nope, the config utility only allows you to create profiles for importing, not view the existing contents on the iPhone itself.

I believe the screenshot on Engadget was something from an old beta version and was never included in the released version. I don't ever recall seeing a screen that lists all known networks in any publicly released version. I would be nice if they gave you this capability though...

5. thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys. not the answer i was hoping for but very helpful anyway

@apple: please fix that. i know you can there is a screenshot showing exactly what i want ;)