Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashjamben

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Shanghai, China
i used to sequence quite alot of things on cubase when i used pc's, but recently switched to logic.

i've got the hang of most things, but this has been bugging me for ages. how can i edit the velocities of individual notes?

on cubase i used the key edit screen (like the piano roll screen for those not used to cubase) to input notes and underneath each notes were their velocities, which could either be individually changed or edited with all the other notes.

so how can i do this on logic? i know i can do it on the list editor but i preferred the way cubase does it. is there anything similar?

thanks for reading

dLight

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
Here are a few ways to do it:

Use the velocity tool (you can assign it to your right mouse button)

Open the floating event window ("Event Float") and edit the parameter there

In Arrange, enable HyperDraw and set it to to show velocities

In the editing area (piano roll or score editor), enable Hyperview below your chosen editor. This allows you to edit position and length in the upper part of that editor, and velocity in the lower part

In the Score window, press alt and control and edit a note (by dragging the mouse on top of it), this will change velocity only for that note. Unfortunately, this method doesn't work in the piano roll window.

Have the Event Editor open in the right pane of the main window, and make your edits there.

In my opinion, the best solution would be that one could use the same method in as many windows as possible, so I hope they'll implement a way to edit velocities in the Piano Roll by dragging +holding down two modifiers, since this is how it works in the Score window. Until this possibly happens, the Event Float may be the simplest solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.