How to eject CD while installing XP?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 66217, Sep 11, 2006.

1. 66217 Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    I am installing Windows XP, but I got stucked in the Product Key part because the Cd Key is printed at the CD. And I a not able to eject the CD. What can I do?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Oct 14, 2005
    You can make it eject by holding down the mouse button while the machine is powering on. I can't think of a way to eject it without at least doing that.
  3. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

May 26, 2006
    yep, juz hold down the mouse button while powering up the computer, there's no way to eject the cd during the installation.
  4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

May 1, 2003
    Write the CD key on a seperate sheet of paper. There is no way to eject the CD except for hitting the button on the actual drive.
  5. 66217 thread starter Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    Thanks for the quick responses.....would there be any problem by starting again bootcamp? I mean, could I have damaged any files or something if I quit the installation?

6. TBi macrumors 68030

Jul 26, 2005
    Ummm... the cd key is never printed on the key. Unless you have a pirate copy...
  7. 66217 thread starter Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    Yes, that's what I am going to do:) . The problems is that I didn't knew the CD Key was printed in the CD.

I borrow it from my Uni, so they have like an special version. It's different. I don't like it.
  8. 66217 thread starter Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    I swear it is not pirate.....I wouldn't do that. It from college. I have talked to them and they have just told me that what is printed there is a key that you enter at a web page of the college. And then they give you the key. I've missed that part.