how to enable manual ipod updates with itunes 7?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by flowers&ladbugs, Oct 12, 2006.

1. flowers&ladbugs macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I perviously had a problem with muisc being greyed out on my ipod due to me syncing the it with my library, I easily fixed the problem to allow manual updates of single tracks in ipod options.
    Since then I have got a macbook and stopped using windows, so I had to reformat my ipod and sync the songs to start with, but not everything will fit and I want to add tracks I really like and remove those I dont like so much, but with itunes 7 all I can seem to do it sync my library with my ipod due to the introduction of the ipod menu and disappearance of the ipod opitons section.
    Does anyone know how I can change this? please help! =)
    thanks,
    Sarah

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Welcome to MR, and congrats on the MacBook!

What kind of iPod is it? I'm not sure if you can set shuffles to do it.
    If not, click on the iPod icon in the left menu of iTunes and...

Attached Files:

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Hi Sarah, welcome to macrumors.
    In iTunes 7 the option to sync manually is now located on the main front page when you connect your iPod, by checking the box 'manually manage music'

Edit: Like he said ^^^

4. Quadgod86 macrumors newbie

Is there any way to see what is on your iPod in iTunes. When I go to the music section of my iPod, I can't see anywhere where I can see what is on it, just options of how to sync it up with iTunes.
    Also, I have some albums with the wrong artwork. I used Clutter to apply pretty much all artwork except for about 5 of the albums I bought off iTunes. Can anyone give me advice on how to get the right artwork on the album?

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Click on the arrow next to the iPod in the Source list - it will expand below the iPod to show the playlists, Music, Podcasts etc.

All the music you buy from iTunes already has album art attached to it, why are you trying to do it again?

6. Quadgod86 macrumors newbie

All my albums have artwork. Some of the albums have the WRONG album cover. I have a classical music CD that has the Beatles 1 album cover.

Thanks

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

So highlight the album, do a "Get Info", uncheck the album art box in the Info window, click OK. This will delete the album art from the album in question.

Then, go to amazon and grab the correct album art (click on the little picture of the album to get the large version) and drag it to the desktop.

Now, highlight the album again and do a "Get Info," drag the album art from the desktop to the Album Art window you previously cleared and click OK - this will load the new art into the music.

8. calculus Guest

calculus

There is also a widget that will do this for you.. Have a look on the Apple site.