how to erase or clear the clipboard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ineedamac, Jul 21, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

So I am enjoying cut/copy/paste. Once I have copied something and pasted it I'd like to be able to erase or clear the clipboard. How do I do that?

Thanks.

2. macrumors member

I don't believe you can, I'm pretty sure it saves whatever you have copied until you replace it with something else. You could copy a blank space I suppose

3. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just copy a blank space or anything else you want to overwrite with. Also, turning the phone off and on will erase the clipboard.

Edit: Yeah, the poster below is right, you can't erase the CB by turning off. I just threw that out there, since I figured it would, but should've tested. Sorry!

4. macrumors newbie

Negative... Turning off the phone does NOT erase the "clipboard", and neither does a hard reset.

5. macrumors G4

Small White Car

Just copy something else like the word "the" or something like that.

Even if Apple did put a 'clear clipboard' function in, I'm sure that copying a random word would still be faster than using that!

6. macrumors regular

Yea, would be nice to be able to purge it. Might have to see if i cant make a little tool that does that, I really hate the 'Paste' option comming up all the time when i really only need the clipboard for a moment...

7. macrumors newbie

If you want to clear your clipboard download iclear from the AppStore it works and its free, hope this helps

8. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Really? 2009?