How To Find An "Old" G5 Dual 1.8

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cmvsm, Nov 14, 2004.

1. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Any One Want An Old G5 Dual 1.8?

Hey guys,
    Although I decided to get a dual 2.0 with my ed discount, I thought a few of you who are on the fence between a dual 1.8 and a 2.0 would like to know where you can get an "old" 1.8 that has all of the specs of a 2.0 at a decent price. I'm not sure how many they have left, but follow this link and it will take ya right to it...: http://www.americanmusical.com/item...chEngine--cm_pla-Feed-cm_ite-APP-DG51.8X.html

Now if anyone knows where I can get a dvi to adc connector new for cheap let me know..

Thanks!

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Unless you get two DVI monitors or two ADC monitors, you shouldn't need an adapter.

Most of the G5's come with a DVI and a ADC port (unless you BTO a 6800.)

3. cmvsm thread starter macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

DVI to ADC

Sunbaked,
    Thanks for the response man, you've given me a lot of great advice over the last few posts. What I meant was that I just bought an "old" 20" display (of the acrylic sort) that I love visually, and might need a DVI to ADC adaptor in the future to hook up to the latest and greatest video cards. I don't need it now as many of the current video cards have the ADC connections built right in, but many of the new are just DVI and will require an adaptor. Let me know if you know anything I don't as I have not received my new G5 2.0 just yet.

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I have a 2.0 G5 and the same 20" old monitor and you do not need the DVI adaptor, you just plug it in and that is it.

By the way, the G5 is not that fast neither, if you are working with audio get the low end model and add ram to it, that is it. I am returning this G5 tomorrow (monday) and get my money back. Later on I will get the 2.5 but under my new company so I can deduce that from Taxes, I am in to video but I am an audio engineer so, I know your field.

Good luck

5. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

look up mymemory's thread about his "purchase," it is ridiculous. The G5s are screaming fast, enjoy your machine!