How to find out the frame rate of a video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mr Garbaggio, Mar 5, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I was just wondering how you find out the frame rate of a video. When I "get info" from the finder window it tells me the resolution size and codec but not the frame rate.

Thanks,
    Mr. Garbaggio

2. macrumors demi-god

LethalWolfe

open it in QuickTime and then do command+i

Lethal

3. macrumors 68000

I usually just open the video up in QuickTime Player and type -i. That would be command-i. There is also an app named 'MediaInfo Mac' that can be helpful.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Lethal. I dont post a lot on here but I do read a lot of the threads on here and I feel like you're the one person who gives the most definitive answer every time. I know my question isnt the most technically challenging question ever asked but when I read answers/solutions/advice that you give it's the most straight forward/logical/practical reply. I feel like a lot of people who post on here give people the run-around on what to do or they're giving answers that they might not fully understand themselves. No disrespect to anyone else but I just feel like if somebody were to ask me something about my job I should know it because that's what I do for a living and if I didnt know it, i shouldnt just give them a somewhat knowledgeable answer. And i understand that not everyone edits video for a living but either way, you shouldnt give someone advice on something you fully dont know. Basically, I just wanted to thank you Lethal for being a proper and reliable source on this forum

Mr Garbaggio

5. macrumors demi-god

LethalWolfe

Thanks Mr Garbaggio. I have gotten a lot from forums over the years and I try to give back whenever I can. Although this is Mac forum first I think we have a pretty nice video knowledge base here.

Lethal

6. macrumors 6502a

Lethal, we all appreciate what you do. You didn't have to open a second account.:D

7. macrumors newbie

josephrandall

Thank you

Thanks man! Your simple tip helped me a ton! :)