How to fix gaps between songs?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ltsulu, May 24, 2005.

1. ltsulu macrumors newbie

I have I-Tunes 4.8 and Toast Titanium. Is there any way to make two songs that are listed as two separate tracks not have a gap between them on playback when I burn a CD? The songs have no gap between them on the original CD when I play them, but there is a huge gap on my back-up CD.
    (Example: "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" has a gap before "With A Little Help From My Friends", but the songs are continuous when played on the originak CD).

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Under iTunes prefs, under burning, choose no gap. :)

3. ltsulu thread starter macrumors newbie

Already changed gap to "none" The songs in question are split, but should be continuous upon playback and are not.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The only work around I know of is you can "join" the songs together in iTunes (I forget how), but then it will just be seen as 1 track. The "fix" is as irritating as the problem.

Lethal

5. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

As far as I'm aware there is no solution to this - at least not a perfect one. The best is as LethalWolfe said - join the tracks. This means, however, that you can't skip tracks the same way you can on a CD. This is a problem that affects all MP3 files but I don't know why or how to solve it. iTunes 5?
    Bugs the s*** out of me anyway :(

6. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

yeah, such is the biggest fault in itunes/ipod. gapless playback is a MUST and has to be included in the next ipod/itunes update. just not acceptable.

7. ltsulu thread starter macrumors newbie

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you've got Garageband, you could try mashing them together into one track.

9. mim macrumors 6502

I've seen this problem when ripping a CD that had been burnt from someone else's library - the gap would actually be added to the track.

A sound editor (try http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) will let you trim the end off the mp3's so that there is no 'empty space'. I've also seen some editing software that can do this by changing the end-point marker of the mp3 file...can't remember names sorry.

10. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

You can already change the starting/ending points of a track via iTunes itself:
    File -> Get Info -> Options tab -> Start Time, Stop Time