Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
the powerbook is working fine... however one of its outside components is not...

pb.jpg

thing popped out of the hinge area (attaches to monitor) and broke. not sure what the hell it is or how to fix it or if it can be fixed for that matter. someone help!

cfd

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2004
Your display needs to be replaced. If you have AppleCare and there is no other visable damage, this should be covered.

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
krossfyter said:
thanks. nope no apple care. how much am i looking at here? how long of a job?

I had to get my lcd replaced for my tibook back in September. My apple warranty had expired by then but luckily visa platinum has extended warranty coverage for it. The repair would have cost me 350 bucks.
If the damage appears to be out of some kind of manufacturer defect you will spend about that much. (the actual cost of the lcd is much more). If the damage looks to be caused out of negligence the cost of the repair will be a lot higher. It took about one week to repair.

Hope this helps.

greenleaf

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2004
Eugene,OR
i had almost the same thing happen...no applecare either :mad:
i brought it in to the local reseller and the fixed it for about 375$

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
what local reseller? would comp usa fix this problem for me? i didnt buy it from them but they do sell mac products. i dont have anywhere else to go thats close. i live in the middle of no where.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.