How to fully delete apps from iTunes 11.0.1 help?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by J10110, Jan 13, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2012
    I am trying to sign up for a new Instagram account. When i register it says that this version of instagram is out of date, so its says go to app store and upgrade the app. I apparently uninstall the app off of my iphone but when i go to delete it off itunes i cant (only uninstall it). I am trying to re-download the same app off of the app store but it says i have already downloaded it... thus giving me no option to install again because i have these apparent files. ive repeated this process many times of installing/reinstalling.. no success getting the apparent "updated version".

The only solution seems to be deleting the app FULLY off of itunes, but there is no option for that. help?

Thanks, J

PS. the app is still in the app list on the itunes app library with "install" beside it. Its like the data can not be deleted :s
  2. macrumors 6502

Oct 6, 2012
    Uhm, try opening iTunes, locate the app, and then drag it to the trash can.
  3. macrumors 68040

Jun 28, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
  4. SupremeD, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2013
    Just that simple?! :eek: I thought it wouldn't uninstall it.
  5. macrumors member

Jul 31, 2012
    India, New delhi
    To completely remove an app from your iTunes library, Give this a try:

Under Library>Apps, select the app in question, right-click the app and select "Delete". You'll get a prompt to also "Move all Files to Trash", say yes. Then empty your trash. If the app in question is also on your phone, connect your phone & sync. You'll get a prompt asking to first "Transfer Purchases", decline. This will also remove all traces of the app from your phone. While you can re-download this app again, at anytime, for all practical purposes that app has been completely removed from your library.
  6. macrumors newbie

Jan 22, 2013
    itunes 11.0.1

In itunes 11.0.1 in the upper left corner below the play pause button you will see a drop down menu it contains Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts and APPS. Chose apps and right click and delete, if you want it gone forever pick move to trash in the popup.
  7. macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2009
  8. macrumors newbie

Sep 9, 2012
    THIS is the answer I was looking for. Thanks!