How to fully uninstall Adobe Lightroom 2???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajdb9, Jan 24, 2009.

1. macrumors member

I have deleted the app itself, the folder in my Pictures directory, the Application Support section (...p support/Adobe/Lightroom) in both my user and the HDD.
    I started with over 33gigs left, now i don't even have 32.
    I am very confused and if someone could give me some advice that would be great, as I am tight-ish for space and would like to keep extraneous rubbish to a minimum.
    Thankyou!
    :apple: out

2. macrumors 65816

are you trying to delete your pics too? lightroom itself is not big around 100 megs. Preview files take up space too. main space usage is from your pics

3. thread starter macrumors member

i know it's so small - thats why i was suprised. i had chosen to import iphoto library, but without copying - leaving them in thr original place.
    i now have deleted lightroom so have no need for whatever it did with them. i want to keep the originals in iphoto tho obviously
    thx.

4. macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Download AppCleaner for future use in uninstalling apps, as it is annoying to manually find every file associated with that app. In this case, you have already trashed the app, so it won't help you, but in the future it will prove useful I'm sure.

5. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^^ I think the above means AppZapper. A completely useful and thorough tool for uninstalling apps.

6. macrumors 6502a

SHADO

AppZapper and AppCleaner do the same thing, but AppZapper hasn't been updated since 2005 :p, so AppCleaner is a more updated version of AppZapper, and I prefer new vs. old.