Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjddrum1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
How do I set something like an ipod commercial (in .avi) as a screen saver on my MBP?

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I have been wandering how to do that too. I asked an employee at the apple store by my house. She was about as useful as a heater on a summers day. All she said was "oh thats just the way we set it up..im not sure," lol. I'd also like to know how to do this.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I was wondering this as well, but the next time you go to an Apple Store you should check out the screensaver settings and see if you can figure anything out. ;)

cjddrum1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
CoMpX said:
I was wondering this as well, but the next time you go to an Apple Store you should check out the screensaver settings and see if you can figure anything out. ;)
Will do..I actually dont have the MBP yet, picking it up @ the apple store tomorow so Ill ask the guy then and let you all know

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
cjddrum1 said:
Will do..I actually dont have the MBP yet, picking it up @ the apple store tomorow so Ill ask the guy then and let you all know

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to getting this information. Good luck Mac shopping tomorrow! :)

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
If you have the developer tools set up, you could use Quartz Composer. There is a node for video source.... This could be cool.

Humm, as if I don't have enfough projects.

If nobody can figure out a better idea, I may fool around with this and post something.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Heyyyy, now thats what im talking about! Now, does anyone have a link for a commercial? lol Oh duh...apple.com :) save as quicktime movie

EDIT: OK, went onto apple.com...all they have are the newer commercials with those 2 guys. I want ones with ppl dancing or the eminem one..that one is awesome. Looks like im gonna go look on morpheus or something.

EDIT 2: http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/old-apple-ads.html

Alrightey..did some more searching on apple.com...and i found them all. YAY!

cjddrum1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
AppleGuy08 said:
Heyyyy, now thats what im talking about! Now, does anyone have a link for a commercial? lol Oh duh...apple.com :) save as quicktime movie

EDIT: OK, went onto apple.com...all they have are the newer commercials with those 2 guys. I want ones with ppl dancing or the eminem one..that one is awesome. Looks like im gonna go look on morpheus or something.

EDIT 2: http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/old-apple-ads.html

Alrightey..did some more searching on apple.com...and i found them all. YAY!
hah ya im editing the eminem one so its without the "curtain calls" & "itunes + ipod" part of the movie...should look really good when done

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.