Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
hey, I'm currently using the iFox theme on Firefox 2.0. I really don't like Firefox, but as MR is my most commonly visited site, I felt that it was worth it to switch so that user Josh's theme would work, as there is no Greasemonkey for Safari. anyway, i'm still working on getting a few kinks out of his all-in-all super cool theme, but i'd like to get all checkboxes and buttons to look the way they do in safari. thanks a bunch!!!

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
well, there is cocoabuild firefox here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/experimental/cocoa/latest-trunk/
but its 3.0 alpha, which is quite UN-stable

there is another way, to install firefoxy at: http://www.amake.us/software/firefoxy/
it will not make your firefox's button looks exactly like safari, rather, it will looks like this:
firefoxy-widgets1.1.png

(Note, if you are going to install firefoxy, when it ask you which version of firefox you have, choose 1.5 unless you are using firefox 1.0.x, which means, u should treat your 2.0 as 1.5)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Some builds of Minefield, aka Firefox 3.01a, has that... :cool:

...and there should be some add-on that gives you this in FF2, too... I just don't remember what it was called... :eek:

Edit: Beaten, I apparently aren't just slow, I also have bad memory... :p

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
hmmm,
using firefoxy. it's much nicer than the default GTK+ FF stuff, but it still isn't aqua. and i won't sacrifice browser stability just to get cocoa FF, also i can't wait for a more stable beta to be released!:)
thanks!

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
You can use a processor-optimized (G4, G5, Intel) version of Firefox 2.0 that comes with Aqua checkbox and buttons goodness right out of the box. Pick your processor and choose the "Aqua form widget" version.

thank you very much. looks nice. is that stable and can I bring over my current safari plug ins which I'm too lazy to reinstall and reconfigure (especially greasemonkey)? thanks!

VanNess

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
California
thank you very much. looks nice. is that stable and can I bring over my current safari plug ins which I'm too lazy to reinstall and reconfigure (especially greasemonkey)? thanks!

Yeah, its as stable as FF ever was, and it's fully compatible with all FF extensions. In fact you shouldn't need to move, reinstall or reconfigure anything you presently have in FF - it will use the same profile folder that FF currently uses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.