How to get Final Cut Pro 4 to work in core 2 duo imac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jonnysods, Sep 28, 2006.

1. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

Hello fellow Mac users, I received my brand spanking new 24inch iMac last Tuesday, and i have been madly installing all my old software so I can take advantage of this amazing machine.

I have a copy of the Production Suite that has FCP4, Motion 2 etc etc. All the other programs worked fine, except that FC4 kept on saying that my system didn't have an AGP card and it would not start the program.

I know this program is not compatible with Rosetta, however I looked on www.macsimumnews.com and there was a forum there which had some users tinkering with some of the behind the scenes stuff in FCP4. Listen to this and tell me what you think:

"I got Final Cut Express working on a MBP. Install the application normally, then go to your application folder and right click -> show package contents. Go into ‘contents’ and open the “info.plist” file, you should see: “AELRequiredIOPCIDevice -> AGP” - just remove this option and save it, try re-opening FC Express and it should work."

Now I tried to go into the info.plist file however as soon as I opened it the filename was 'untitled' and I could overwrite the original plist file. Can anyone out there share some of their wisdom with me?

That is, apart from calling me cheap and telling me to fork out another $200 for the UB upgrade?

Thanks!

2. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 601

jonnysods

No one loves me.... you are all ignoring me on purpose so I have to pony up some hard earned dough for that upgrade....!;)