Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nelly22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
How i can get in Numbers how many weeks there is still in this month?

For example if now is 20th day of the month then there is about 10 days left which is about 1.5 weeks so it should return number 1.5.

And another formula which does same but rounds down this number to 1.

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
UK
I can do the first bit.....

Assuming your date (the 20th) is in cell B3, then place this in the cell you need

=(EOMONTH(B3,0)-B3)

That will give you 11d for August (so 20th August to 31st August is 11 days).

The easy bit, dividing 11 by 7 (to turn that into weeks), and then using the ROUNDDOWN function to make 1.57 weeks show as 1 week is proving more difficult, as Numbers does not want to let me handles these values as simple numbers, rather than days.

To be honest, I'm far more knowledgable of Excel....Numbers is still new to me.

Hope it helps

Reactions: nelly22

nelly22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
I can do the first bit.....

Assuming your date (the 20th) is in cell B3, then place this in the cell you need

=(EOMONTH(B3,0)-B3)

That will give you 11d for August (so 20th August to 31st August is 11 days).

The easy bit, dividing 11 by 7 (to turn that into weeks), and then using the ROUNDDOWN function to make 1.57 weeks show as 1 week is proving more difficult, as Numbers does not want to let me handles these values as simple numbers, rather than days.

To be honest, I'm far more knowledgable of Excel....Numbers is still new to me.

Hope it helps

Thanks. I can't figure out how to get it work.

jjhoekstra

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
Thanks. I can't figure out how to get it work.

I always use YEARFRAC(). It needs a start date (fi TODAY()) an enddate ( fi EOMONTH()) and you have to decide how many days in the year, normally 365.

Multiply the number you get with 365 and you have the number of days. Divide that by 7 and you have the number of weeks. Etc, etc.

nelly22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
I always use YEARFRAC(). It needs a start date (fi TODAY()) an enddate ( fi EOMONTH()) and you have to decide how many days in the year, normally 365.

Multiply the number you get with 365 and you have the number of days. Divide that by 7 and you have the number of weeks. Etc, etc.

Thanks this works! Is it possible to have variation of this which tells how many thursdays are still left in month?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.