How to get Mighty Mouse to move faster?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sesshi, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I've set the speed to max in the settings but it's still dog slow. Is there a way to speed up this mouse?

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Not through OSX, Apple has mice speed kind of slow in my view. Our Mini is like that. There are some 3rd party apps that can speed up that mouse but Iam at a loss to the name of those programs.

3. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

sounds like a 'restart' problem?

try re-bootin the machine

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Is this your first Mac? Unlike in Windows, the mouse pointer speed varies depending on how fast you move the mouse. Whenever my brother tries to use my Mac he always complains that the mouse is too slow, but that's just because he's used to moving it at "Windows speed".

5. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Never mind guys, ditching the Mighty Mouse for a Logitech Mediaplay mouse. A lot better for motion and button positivity apart from the scroll wheel which feels a lot better on the MM.

Edit: Which brings me on to... is there a way to enable the media buttons on the logitech for Front Row / iTunes use?

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

Put some frickin' jets on it, baby!!! :D

Hahahahaha.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

7. p0intblank macrumors 68030

That eBay seller in your sig is located a couple towns over from where I live! :eek:

8. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

Now that is what I call ironic:p

9. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

heh heh. so if someone happened to do moderately horrible things to him or his property - I couldn't help but be happy. :cool:

anywayyyy... better get back onto topic. there's lots of different jets you can use, like pulse jet, ram jet and pressure jet... :p :D

10. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

Two things.

1. Search macosxhints.com. There's a terminal command on there somewhere that'll let you speed up the mouse as fast as you like.

2. "Unlike in Windows, the mouse pointer speed varies depending on how fast you move the mouse." Untrue. Windows supports this feature as well, and it's on by default in WindowsXP. It's the 'Enhance Pointer Precision' checkbox in the Mouse control panel applet.