How to Get Most of your Artwork!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JHacker, Sep 12, 2006.

1. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

I decided to clear all of my artwork because I wanted better quality. I must have some sort of OCD, but anyway...So iTunes went through and searched for the new artwork but it didnt get everything. So I went through each album and right clicked on one of the songs and hit Get Album Info.

But this didn't work all the time either. So I kept clicking it, and eventually the artwork came up! I don't know why it took 2, 3, 4 times of clicking get art. But it worked. And now I have most of my art!

Hope it's helpful and you understood what I did.

BTW: My Artwork folder only takes up 50 MB and I have over 400 full albums.

2. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Is it just me, or does the album artwork not load instantaneously as you scroll through albums?

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

It's not just you... if you're scrolling fast iTunes needs time to catch up every now and then... :)

Artwork folder...?

4. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Yeah I noticed this to. It's kind of annoying.

Nuc

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, this is pissing me off. Albums that are in the iTMS still aren't getting the artwork....

6. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

I restarted my comp (also ran Xupport first, don't know if that mattered) and the album artwork is loading a lot faster - not perfect, but a lot better.

7. KKKL macrumors 6502

For those who want to get itunes album arts:
    1, create a playlist and put the music which you want get ablum asts into it
    2, search the music in itunes store
    3, drag any song you've already have from the store into the playlist
    4, edit information of the one in your computer to make it exactly the same with the store one (at least name, artist and album name)
    5, click Get Album Artwork and you will get the artwork
    6, copy the artwork, then select all songs under the same album and paste artwork

8. KKKL macrumors 6502

sometimes you need to clear old artworks first

9. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It's really nice to have them separated like that, but I'm curious what that gunk is before the JFIF headers.

10. mashinhead macrumors 68020

yeah it doesn't show it now unless you play the song

11. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Crazy. It's working for me after multiple tries. Maybe it's just taking multiple tries because iTunes is so busy with people trying to get artwork? I wonder what's going to happen when I try this with albums where iTunes fetched the incorrect artwork.

For example: "Deja Entendu" by Brand New. Anyone else have a problem with this one? It gives just the astronaut from the real album cover, but on a plain black background. Definitely NOT the real album artwork. I don't know why that's even in the store.

Daniel.

12. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I can see the newly downloaded artwork for some of my albums in iTunes, but when I sync the iPod it doesn't copy over, it just tells me the iPod update is complete. Presumably I'm doing something wrong? :confused:

13. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

The "CD Rack" feature is really cool and works very fast on my Mac Pro. However, I can't get some album art no matter how many times I try. There are some that I have and every time I scroll to them I see the music notes and then the art loads a second or 2 later. Every time I load iTunes, those same 4-5 albums show no art until I scroll to them and then it loads. Very annoying...

14. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Although I think its a good addition to iTunes, I don't think it works very well at the moment. Apart from the fact iTMS has very few of the albums I have ripped from CDs I also have quite a few songs which are not on albums and therefor have no data in the 'album' field (Stuff ive made in GB, etc, etc), CoverFlow the stand-alone app never used to display these but iTunes now displays them as unknown. Although good, still needs some work for me

15. luckylisp macrumors 6502

Same problem here. :( No idea what I'm doing wrong, everything is the same as I had it before.

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed...there is a Album folder now but its on my internal HD but my music is located on my external....I was thinking about moving it but I will leave it alone for now.

Bless

17. memphismac macrumors member

Is this Album Artwork folder new to iTunes 7?

18. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

You could do all that, or you could get Clutter

and get iTunes artwork with one keystroke....your choice

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, I think that like Quigley I am going to use a hybrid method. When iTunes gets my new CDs, more power to it. When it doesn't, I will use my old tricks. :)

20. astrobot10 macrumors member

I deleted the artwork on the TV shows I bought from iTunes but when I cleared my entire library (to download the new stuff from iTunes), and now it won't download.

Has anyone confirmed this working for TV shows?

21. jblock macrumors regular

I discovered that the covers I downloaded through the ITMS with this new version don't show up in the screen saver that shows the different album covers.

22. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

OK, it's working now. To get the new album art copied over to the iPod -

Under the music settings for the iPod you need to uncheck "Display album art on your iPod" and click Apply, and then check it again and click Apply. Then the album art is "optimized" and new album art is copied over.

23. luckylisp macrumors 6502

Brilliant, that did the trick! Thank you very much, Loge. :)

24. JHacker thread starter macrumors 6502

JHacker

You're right! I hope they fix this soon! Since I started from scratch on my CD Covers, all I have is Bill Maher from a Podcast spinning around on every square! Nooooooo!

25. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Yeah, what's up with that? I have just handful of ITMS-bought tracks, and they have artwork (of course), then I have songs that I have gotten through other means (ripped myself etc.). I click on one, and the minibrowser in the bottom shows the correct album that songs comes from. Yet it does not fetch the artwork, even though I click "get album art" (or whatever it was called). It's obvious that itunes does know the correct album, but for some reason it does not fetch the artwork.