Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Hey!

I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on how to get these two things to sell faster, aside from dropping the price, because I'm not going to.

Anyway, take a look.

Here's the first ad, for my 1.67GHz Powerbook G4.

Here
's the other ad, for a dual 800MHz Quicksilver that's been heavily upgraded.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I think it's MBP time for me!

Thanks!

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
MacBook Pro? How dare you join the dark side of the Intel computing era... bastard! :p

As for the ads, I would wait for a couple of more days and then explore some different routes. Try posting here at MR and see what happens. Also, try some more computer oriented sites. That might help with the sale.

brendanryder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
Calgary
well after a couple days of still no bites try spamming it, not on here tho. twitter it, put it in you signature, blog it, repost it to different sections of craigslist

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
MacBook Pro? How dare you join the dark side of the Intel computing era... bastard! :p

As for the ads, I would wait for a couple of more days and then explore some different routes. Try posting here at MR and see what happens. Also, try some more computer oriented sites. That might help with the sale.

This is going to sound stupid, but I'm kind of jumpy about eBay and MR. I guess I'll have to get a PayPal account eventually, though, if these things don't sell.

Does anyone think it'd be a good idea to put the Powerbook on eBay without a Buy It Now? I need to get at least $750 from it to justify selling it, but I think I could get more if I just let the bidding go.

Oh, and Cassie, there's an Open Firmware hack you do at startup. It's really, really easy.

kflook

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2007
Gettysburg, PA
I have the same craigslist problems with my B&W G3 & Studio Display. Except for mine, people notice, exchange phone numbers to arrange a time to look at it/buy it...and then they drop off the face of the earth... :confused:

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
I have the same craigslist problems with my B&W G3 & Studio Display. Except for mine, people notice, exchange phone numbers to arrange a time to look at it/buy it...and then they drop off the face of the earth... :confused:

Well, the first thing you may want to end up doing is putting a notice in the ad telling people not to dick around.

The second thing is, never have them call you. Always ask for their phone number in the ad, so you know they're somewhat serious.

EDIT:
Oh! ryannel2003! I didn't mean MacBook Pro! I meant MacBook, a Bottle of Coke, and some Pie!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.