Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HEB

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
usa
Hi, I've installed Lion on a separate partition, and i realized that I now never use it, and i want my 100GB of space back. Does anyone know how to get rid of Lion and all of its pre-installed apps off my system?

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
Hi, I've installed Lion on a separate partition, and i realized that I now never use it, and i want my 100GB of space back. Does anyone know how to get rid of Lion and all of its pre-installed apps off my system?

I think your best bet is to get one of your install disks and run Disk Utility on the drive that has Lion on it. You SHOULD be able to remove that partition w/o effecting the rest of the data. Be sure to read all the warnings before doing it, though, in case I'm mistaken.

HEB

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
usa
I think your best bet is to get one of your install disks and run Disk Utility on the drive that has Lion on it. You SHOULD be able to remove that partition w/o effecting the rest of the data. Be sure to read all the warnings before doing it, though, in case I'm mistaken.

since I don't have an external hard drive, and am not expecting to get one, I might just stick with Lion until i have some cut-and-dry steps to follow. Thanks for helping though! I appreciate it

Tharian

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
I removed my 10.7 partition using disk utility without any problems, but I'd still not recommend risking it without backing up 1st.

-d

lazydesi

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2006
Gr8 Adelaide

Boot into SL

Go to Disk utility, select Lion HD disk and click partition tab and select
"-" so that Lion HD part will be removed.

then click"+" and drag the partitioned SL hdd by clicking on the right bottom of the volume image to the bottom volume and click Apply.

http://snowleopardtips.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/apple-disk-utility.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.