How to Get rid of 10.7 on partition?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by HEB, Mar 6, 2011.

1. HEB
    macrumors member

Hi, I've installed Lion on a separate partition, and i realized that I now never use it, and i want my 100GB of space back. Does anyone know how to get rid of Lion and all of its pre-installed apps off my system?

2. macrumors 68000

I think your best bet is to get one of your install disks and run Disk Utility on the drive that has Lion on it. You SHOULD be able to remove that partition w/o effecting the rest of the data. Be sure to read all the warnings before doing it, though, in case I'm mistaken.

3. macrumors 68030

Also back up first, just in case.

4. HEB
    thread starter macrumors member

since I don't have an external hard drive, and am not expecting to get one, I might just stick with Lion until i have some cut-and-dry steps to follow. Thanks for helping though! I appreciate it

5. macrumors regular

I removed my 10.7 partition using disk utility without any problems, but I'd still not recommend risking it without backing up 1st.

-d

6. macrumors 6502

Boot into SL

Go to Disk utility, select Lion HD disk and click partition tab and select
    "-" so that Lion HD part will be removed.

then click"+" and drag the partitioned SL hdd by clicking on the right bottom of the volume image to the bottom volume and click Apply.

http://snowleopardtips.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/apple-disk-utility.jpg