Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Duster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2009
Hi Everybody,

I want to get the display of the iPod touch on to my MacBook or to a Multimedia Projector. I tried using a AVI cable but it does not work. :( any ideas that you can give me is greatly appreciated.:):)

Thanking you in advance......!!!!!

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Macbooks and iMacs do not have a video in port, so you won't be able to do that unless you buy something like the elgato eyetv, but that would be a freaky mess of cables and a pain to work.

for a projector, you'd need the official apple cable plus probably another cable to match the projector's input.

Duster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2009
Thanks for the reply,

I have a normal AVI cable. It works on the projector but I can only see videos and pictures. Is it possible to view the home page and apps through a projector......?????:confused::confused:

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
I have no idea, but I think you need a developers kit to do that. I believe that is what they use with apple keynotes.

You probably don't want to do it like this, but this website just films the ipod touch in a dark environment. http://toucharcade.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.