How to get things lined up diagonally in Illustrator?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by DesertFox, Jun 16, 2007.

1. DesertFox
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Hello,

Im trying to get some letter lined up diagonally with one another and I discovered the "line segment tool". Is this the best tool for the job or is there something I have overlooked.

Im thinking that its not because the diagonal line disappears after I choose another object.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. dogbone
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

dogbone

Let me put it this way Desertfox, I've been using Illy for years and I've never heard of the 'line segment tool', so I doubt that you are going to need it.

It's probably a good time now, to let you know that macrumors is not really the right place to be if you want to learn how to use illustrator. However it's a good place to come if you need a quick answer to a specific question or some special technique like vectorising a photo. :)

You've only had the program for a day, if you start a thread for every slight query it will soon become very tiresome. But I may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Why not just start a single thread called "teach me how to use illustrator" and put all your questions in that thread.

edit: silly me, I never knew it was called the 'line segment tool', all that is, is a tool for making lines. Not what you are after.

3. tobefirst
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Put a stroke on the line of a different color (like lime green) so that you can see it even when it is not selected. Line it up. Delete the line.

4. DesertFox
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

5. oscuh
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

You can also draw a line either with the line segment tool or pen tool and select it, click Apple+5 and that will convert the line you just drew into a guide that you can show/hide just like other guides.

6. mapple.pro
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

7. Claytoniss
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Claytoniss

WORD!:cool: