How to get trees on screensaver? Sorry if wrong place...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Greenone, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Greenone macrumors 6502

Obviously I don't know enough about computers to know whether this is the right forum to ask this but anyway I'm trying to find the beautiful trees screensaver picture I've seen on macs in the mac stores. Don't know why it wasn't one of the options that I could find on my computer (thus far anyway).

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

You would go to System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> Screen Saver -> Forest

3. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! One last question: how do I activate it?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Having it selected should make it your default screen saver. Press Test to see what it looks like. :)

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I also like to set mine up for 'Hot Corners' so whenever I place my mouse in that corner, a wait a sec. my screen saver pops on.
    (You can do this by going to System Prefs>Desktop & Screen Saver>and click the 'hot corners' button hear the bottom.)

6. InfiniteLoop1 macrumors member

InfiniteLoop1

7. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, what I really want I don't think I'm gonna get. I really want a still picture of trees to be my wallpaper.

9. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

Ooh - weird - this is the first time typing on the PB since getting the silicone keyboard protector. Seems not to get in the way of the typing too badly. I also got one of those keyboard cloth thingies as another option to protect the screen. I'll either take it back or open it and keep both, but I like the idea of not allowing to get the keyboard icky - in case I'm out on the town and don't get a chance to wash my hands or a friend with dirty paws asks to use my PB! ;) Not always so neurotic but you know...a keyboard really is an intimate thing if you think about it.

Anyway getting around to my point finally, I did finally find a nice wallpaper trees picture online by doing a google search, but unfortunately the "email" option (presumably to email it to myself?) didn't work cause I don't have that apple service - i-something (imail?). I don't see the point in paying for it if I have hotmail and our regular cable highspeed internet connection. Can someone explain what that thing's all about for me?

10. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey I like this "make text bigger" option. Very nice and easy!

11. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Just go into Libary>Screen Savers. Then find the 'Forest' one and ctl click>Package Conents. From this go to resources and then the image files should be in there. Just copy it into a different folder.

::20ROGERSC::

12. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm feeling really slow right now. I went into library but couldn't find screensavers (even though I'm looking for wallpaper I realized - not screensavers - though it might list wallpaper options in there). I'll keep trying!
    :rolleyes:

I'm sure out of everyone using this forum, I know the LEAST about computers, much less apple.:eek: