Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Obviously I don't know enough about computers to know whether this is the right forum to ask this but anyway I'm trying to find the beautiful trees screensaver picture I've seen on macs in the mac stores. Don't know why it wasn't one of the options that I could find on my computer (thus far anyway).

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
alex_ant said:
You would go to System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> Screen Saver -> Forest

Thank you! One last question: how do I activate it?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Greenone said:
Thank you! One last question: how do I activate it?
I also like to set mine up for 'Hot Corners' so whenever I place my mouse in that corner, a wait a sec. my screen saver pops on.
(You can do this by going to System Prefs>Desktop & Screen Saver>and click the 'hot corners' button hear the bottom.)

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Actually, what I really want I don't think I'm gonna get. I really want a still picture of trees to be my wallpaper.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Ooh - weird - this is the first time typing on the PB since getting the silicone keyboard protector. Seems not to get in the way of the typing too badly. I also got one of those keyboard cloth thingies as another option to protect the screen. I'll either take it back or open it and keep both, but I like the idea of not allowing to get the keyboard icky - in case I'm out on the town and don't get a chance to wash my hands or a friend with dirty paws asks to use my PB! ;) Not always so neurotic but you know...a keyboard really is an intimate thing if you think about it.

Anyway getting around to my point finally, I did finally find a nice wallpaper trees picture online by doing a google search, but unfortunately the "email" option (presumably to email it to myself?) didn't work cause I don't have that apple service - i-something (imail?). I don't see the point in paying for it if I have hotmail and our regular cable highspeed internet connection. Can someone explain what that thing's all about for me?

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Greenone said:
Actually, what I really want I don't think I'm gonna get. I really want a still picture of trees to be my wallpaper.
Just go into Libary>Screen Savers. Then find the 'Forest' one and ctl click>Package Conents. From this go to resources and then the image files should be in there. Just copy it into a different folder.

::20ROGERSC::

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
20rogersc said:
Just go into Libary>Screen Savers. Then find the 'Forest' one and ctl click>Package Conents. From this go to resources and then the image files should be in there. Just copy it into a different folder.

::20ROGERSC::

I'm feeling really slow right now. I went into library but couldn't find screensavers (even though I'm looking for wallpaper I realized - not screensavers - though it might list wallpaper options in there). I'll keep trying!
:rolleyes:

I'm sure out of everyone using this forum, I know the LEAST about computers, much less apple.:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.