iPhone How to hacktivate iPhone 3GS ios 6.1.3 NO SIM

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maplesyzzurp, Apr 27, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey i have an iphone 3gs running on ios 6.1.3 with no sim card. I tried to restore it and it's stuck on a silver screen with "iPhone" written through the middle. I have looked around for a jailbreak and all posts seem to tell me I have to hacktivate it. I have downloaded redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3 and I have an ios 6.0 "lego block" file. (filename:iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw). I follow every step in the jailbreak process and it never works. I was wondering if there was a way of keeping ios 6.1.3 and install an untethered jailbreak.

P.S: I have experience with jailbreaking an ipod touch 2nd gen. ios 4.2.1 and 3rd gen ios 5.1.1

2. macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you have the old bootrom 3GS, 6.1.3 will be an untethered jailbreak, otherwise it'll be tethered

Use sn0wbreeze to make an ipsw with hacktivation. I don't think you can jailbreak when the phone has not been activated yet

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

any way i could activate the phone without bringing it into Telus(Which is the carrier)?
    (Note: I'm currently with Bell on another phone)

4. macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you only want to hacktivate and use a 3GS like an iPod touch, you would need to use sn0wbreeze. If you want a software unlock, you have to make sure your baseband will be compatible with ultrasn0w (preserve baseband when updating!)