How to I get my install disk out(abort install)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by coffey7, Oct 26, 2006.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

Feb 12, 2006
    I want to get rid of this cancer of xp on my macbook and I found a thread about putting in the install disk and erasing the partition. I want to abort the install. The disk will not eject and the lame book that came with the mac does not say anything about how to remove the disk and abort the install. I just want to have a mac and I don't want this f#$%ing xp and boot camp stuff anymore. I'm at a screen that wants me to pick the language but it wont let my abort or remove the disk.
    macrumors regular

What you will want to do is first boot into OS X Install Disc, delete the Windows Partition with the Disk Utility and note the Disk ID, then go into your terminal.

# resizeVolume <diskID> <size>

I found this but I don't know what the disk ID is and I can't delete with the disk utility.
  2. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Oct 1, 2005
    There is no need for any install disk if you wish to remove XP. Just start Bootcamp and select the appropriate action (remove/uninstall/remove Windows partition (dont remember the exact wording)) That's it.
  3. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 12, 2006
    the only problem is now I don't have bootcamp anymore after reinstall of mac os. I tried to get bootcamp again but I keep getting errors when downloading. I will try again and write down the errors.
  4. -::ubermann::- macrumors regular

Sep 9, 2006
    mm i have it simple
    how do you delete a partition?
    leaving it as free space