How to Implement Trial Time in App

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by DavidBlack, Mar 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

I want to Implementing a 15 day time trial
    for my app I read this guide but I am having problem I am a objective-C newbie this is how it looks in xcode. Also if anyone can help can your show me exactly how to do it?
    Thanks

http://cocoadev.com/wiki/SetADateForAnAppToExpire

Attached Files:

2. macrumors G5

gnasher729

I assume you intend to sell this app. With this code in your app, there is no chance in hell it would be accepted on the App Store, so that's 90% of your sales gone.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Nope I don't want to sell it in the App Store.

4. macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I'm going to take a guess that you haven't a clue what you're doing and copied this code from a tutorial.

Look at the spots where the errors are coming from and compare them to what was in the tutorial.

... oh... it's identical. What a crappy tutorial.

Do you know C yet? I suggest learning C if you don't already know it, as Obj-C is just an extension of C.

Here's a free eBook that I oft recommend for learning C: http://c.learncodethehardway.org/book/

5. macrumors member

If you managed to implement the other parts like the PDF viewer surely you can see the problem with the brackets ( [ ) on the first date line, even out those and itll work

6. macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

His brackets already balance. His issue is he has brackets surrounding things that aren't method calls.

7. macrumors regular

from your code I can see you have no programming knowledge. I suggest you to read basic programming tutorials before anything related to obj-c