How to jailbreak iPad 2 running iOS 5?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Bhadresh, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

How to jailbreak iPad 2 running iOS 5?

2. macrumors regular

petsk

Religious people say that praying helps, so, if you're one of them, give it a try.

3. macrumors 68000

gngan

:confused:

People never learn.

4. macrumors 601

Krafty

Buy another iPad, spread peanut butter on one, jelly on the other.

Peanut-Pad and iJelly Sandwich.

PROFIT.

5. macrumors 6502a

The ios5 jailbreak is enabled by a multi touch procedure

1) place palm on iPad
    2) close your eyes
    3) rub your hand furiously over the iPad ensuring at least 5 touch points are made. ( just like a genie in a lamp)

Continue until a new-style notification pops up confirming the jailbreak

6. macrumors newbie

Put it in an elevator. Let it run from basement to top floor and back down five times. After that, if it is still in there, it's either jailbroken or broken.

7. macrumors member

Attach a gun or other lethal weapon to an iPad 2 by tape. Then bring it to a police station and leave it thar. When the police take it into court, and the court deems that the iPad 2 cannot respond to any charges, they will send it to jail. Now, take a shovel, a flashlight, and yourself to that jail, dig into the jail and retrieve the iPad 2. Bam. Jailbroken iPad 2.
    In all seriousness however there is no way to jailbreak the iPad 2 currently, no matter what iOS it's on.

8. macrumors 6502

DIMEZ

people still on ios4 want a jailbreak and your asking for 5?

9. macrumors member

Jailbrake the iPad 3?

10. macrumors newbie

Jesus Christ, Bhadresh, you really are the worst poster.

Remembering your 15 posts since you joined is like hitting myself with a hammer. If your terrible English doesn't knock me out, your ability to ask non-sensical questions about jailbreaking will, or perhaps your fantastic knack for ignoring the correct answer will knock a hole in my skull.

11. macrumors newbie

Call steve jobs, he would know better

12. macrumors newbie

Connect it to iTunes and then click "Jailbreak Now"

13. macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i like this option. lol

14. macrumors newbie

Ignore

Bhadresh

Ignore these other guys. I understand that it's a legitamit question.

Essentially whilst your iPad 2 is in sleep mode, shine a red laser pen on it with a sturdy hand it's important that you aim it at the apple sign. After 15 minutes the screen will flash and ask you 3 questions.

1. Are you human?

2. Can you spell rumplestiltskin

3. Who would win in a fight, Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?

If you answer all 3 correctly then the camera turns into a retina scan, scans your eye whilst playing Rule Britannia as a melodramatic backing sound and then the beautiful world of 'the Jailbreak' opens up.

Best wishes,

15. macrumors 6502

Why all the hate in this thread?

In answer to your question, simple JB is as follows:

Submerge bottom of iPad 2 into pool of water to a depth of 1 inch - NO DEEPER OR YOU'LL DAMAGE IT.

While submerged, hold down the home button for 5 seconds, followed by the power button for 2 seconds.

It's very important you do not hold the power button for more than 2 seconds at this point.

After the 2 seconds are up, pick up the iPad 2 out of the pool of water and turn upside down. Do this for a period of 5 seconds.

Now, the iPad 2 should be in "it Safe Mode". Navigate to Safari and go to the following address:

\\Apple\System\Config\Route

This should load a prompt asking if you wish to continue. Just click yes.

Voila, it should be jailbroken.

16. macrumors newbie

Dont be stupid reflex Bhadresh is after the 'Untethered' version not the 'Tethard' version.

17. Nishi100, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

macrumors 6502a

Come on - I think we've gone a bit far this time.

OP : I think they'll release an jailbreak for iOS 5 and 4 for the iPad 2, when the iOS 5 final version is released, as they've flinch an exploit which is present in iOS4 and 5; however, Apple may fix it, so there's a 50/50 chance that Apple won't block the exploit. However, by the final version of iOS5, there will be a iOS 4 jailbreak; iOS 5 depends on if Apple find, and fix, the exploit.

18. macrumors member

If you need to ask this question then maybe you shouldn't be using iOS 5!

19. macrumors member

20. macrumors newbie

Jailbreaking

I would like to point out that this thread is ridiculously full of win.

To Jailbreak the iPad 2:

Find someone who has already jailbroken theirs and wasn't stupid enough to upgrade. Take money from your mom's wallet to bribe them and a) buy it from them or b) trade them yours + cash.

21. macrumors regular

I've officially wet myself...This thread is too funny. Perfect start to the day.

My thoughts would be to go to Hogwarts and look for some Greenpoison from Prof Snape. Or head to your local Shaman and learn the Limera1n dance

22. macrumors newbie

you can also jailbreak the ipad to by going on the internet browser on your ipad and typeing in jailbreakme.com and jailbreaks it in seconds :D

23. macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

Not sure where we'll go with jail breaking iOS 5 now that Comex is on Apple's payroll.

Oh, I'm sorry...you guys did know he just got recruited by Apple, right?

:)

----------

Okay, okay.

I have to admit he is listed as an Intern.

24. macrumors member

Not sure about iOS 5, but I am a firm believer in letting the Lemmings walk off the cliff first; I prefer to wait and see.

When a JB for iOS 5 is released, it will be big news, I'm sure.

25. KickitBack, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

macrumors newbie

One guy asked 1 dumb question and all are so quick to make fun of. We all learned by trial and error. I have no efing clue why you all are so full of it. Like you all have been born with the jailbreak knowledge! Come onnn!

----------

Dude with the iOS trouble... Wait until iOS 5 comes out on the 12 of Oct and I am sure the good guys will take care of all of us. After they (if) release the jailbreak for ios 5 you are free to mess up your ipad as much as you'd like. Right now there is no jailbreak for iPad 2 running iOS 5. GM or no GM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.