Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomisenbarger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I have a playlist in iTunes in which I place the music I want synced to my iPhone. I have iTunes set to sync only that playlist and I have iTunes set not to automatically sync (I start the sync by plugging in the phone and clicking "sync").

There are some albums I purchased from iTunes that I do not like and do not want on my phone. I do not have these albums in my playlist that is synced. How do I keep them off my phone? I know how to delete them manually from my phone, but they are there again when I sync again. There are some albums I purchased from iTunes that I do want synced, and I place these in the playlist to sync.

Any help?

Thanks.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
I have a playlist in iTunes in which I place the music I want synced to my iPhone. I have iTunes set to sync only that playlist and I have iTunes set not to automatically sync (I start the sync by plugging in the phone and clicking "sync").

There are some albums I purchased from iTunes that I do not like and do not want on my phone. I do not have these albums in my playlist that is synced. How do I keep them off my phone? I know how to delete them manually from my phone, but they are there again when I sync again. There are some albums I purchased from iTunes that I do want synced, and I place these in the playlist to sync.

Any help?

Thanks.

You can unselect albums which you don't want under iPhone section when you connect it to itunes I guess.

tomisenbarger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I figured it out. For some reason, the purchased albums were all checked to sync under the Albums list for the sync options for my iPhone. After I unchecked those, things are back to normal. Phew.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.