how to kill ipod battery fastest?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jTreu, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jTreu macrumors 6502

my ipod warrent expires in two months and id like to kill the battery before then so i can get it replaced and i wont feel like i wasted money on the warrenty then got stuck paying for a new one. Ive been charging it then letting it play till it runs down but one of my friends says it kills the battry faster if you leave it plugged into the wall and playing all the time, so which is the best way to go about doing it?

2. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

If you really want to do this, play music with EQs on while charging it when it's fully charged.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

^ Some people ^

Sounds like fraud or boarderline fraud in a sense. How bad was the battary to begin with?

You do know that even if the battery goes bad, apple has a program for replacement for like 70 bucks i think, regardless if you have a warrantee or not. I think they just give you a new ipod. is this correct anybody? i'm going strickly off what i remember

4. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

The quickest way to "kill" the battery is to run it through as many charge cycles as possible as quickly as possible. Playing it off of the wall adapter will do nothing. The batteries in your iPod don't have the old "memory" effect.

Not that I care to assist your attempt at petty fraud, but if you want to drain it, play all your songs (use "Shuffle Songs") at full blast w/ EQ and SoundCheck and the backlight on.

5. jTreu thread starter macrumors 6502

the battery life is only like 4 hours now, my warrenty was through circuit city, i spent $50 on it, if my ipod dies then i get a gift certificatge for $300 towards a new ipod there, so obviously im gonna try to run the battery down now becuase i dont want to be out $350 plus the cost of a new ipod. I dont think theres anything wrong with trying to run the battery down now thn having it die on me a month or two after my warrenty is up.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

although i dont agree with you intentions, if you had listen to you ipod a bit more when you had it it would already be dead and youd have a free replacement or battary lol

yea the others advice is how to kill the batt the fastest

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Its still border line fraud regardless of how you try and justify it. You purchased the extended warranty as an insurance policy. Not as a deposit for a new device when your coverage is over.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yea I know. It seems though that everyone is so quick to take the moral ground on issues like this but I really doubt most of use actually take the moral action all of the time. Me included

So the choice is up to you to decide lol

I remember a thread here about who pirates software and frankly I was suprised at the results.

9. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Actually, it really angers me because it drives prices up for everyone else. I have a few friends of mine who are notorious for abusing coverage. Few years ago, I watched a friend take his cell phone. Smash it against the wall, take it in and demand a new one. He got it, and do you know WHY he did it ? The screen was scratched. I couldn't believe it, I snapped.

Now of course, you can't get away with that today. But, now because of arses like him. Its much harder for me to get a replacement when I have a very legit reason. Last time my cell phone died (Treo 700p), I had to jump through hoops to get a replacement. For no apparent reason the phone stopped working. It wouldn't even turn on. The phone was less then a month old and didn't even have a scratch on it. Of course, the store looked at me as a criminal trying to pull one over on them.

Ok, I will turn off rant mode now :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.