Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 3, 2002
well this is one of those posts where the title says it all.
just how does one load games onto a blackberry phone from a mac?

thanks for any help.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
beatle888 said:
well this is one of those posts where the title says it all.
just how does one load games onto a blackberry phone from a mac?

thanks for any help.

I've never used a Blackberry, so I know little about the OS and software installs. If it has Bluetooth, you might be able to send the installer file from your Mac, but I heard with some Blackberrys that have Bluetooth don't allow data transfers - just hands-free kits.

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
I would love to help you, I currently have the BB 8700c, but have not had any experience importing from a mac.

If it helps any, you cannot do it via bluetooth, because BB bluetooth does not support file transfers, only headset support.

You might be able to do it via software install (via the cable that came with your bb) only if the game is compatible with BB's OS. I only sync my BB with my work pc, which is a windows pc, although I have a pb as my personal computer. In my BB software, there is an application loader that was installed with the software's "Desktop Manager." You could try that. I installed the bible on my bb using that program.

PM me if you have any questions. Also, a good resource that I use when I have questions is http://www.blackberryforums.com.

Edit: My BB 7290 didn't have file support for bluetooth either, just FYI.

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 3, 2002
thanks for the helps you guys. i'll try blackberry forums. happy new year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.