How to make a demo last longer...?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MrMacMan, Feb 15, 2003.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Well I downloaded iConquer and I wanted to play it today for the first time and it says I need to register. So somehow I used my 7 days (how I never even opened it) and can't even test the game before trying it out...

Is there any sort of file I need to delete so I can get this to work.
    (I'm not an idiot I tried deleting visible files and then re-downloading and it didn't work).

So I heard this game kicked but without trying it or seeing if it is any good I don't want to pay yet...

Any thoughts?

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Try deleting any file that has the word "iConquer" in its name, except for the program itself. There are probably some iConquer preferences in your ~/Library folder, to start.

3. zach macrumors 65816

zach

one day, i accidentally reset my date and time and noticed my demos had started working again. That might work. But, iConquer blows. Ever played risk? It's risk without anything cool.

4. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

But I did that :(
    I only found com.kavasoft (ect... ect) that is all I found. I'm thinking invisible files because I originally found some of this stuff.

5. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

How do I reset my date and time?

6. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

I don't know if you'd have to actually reset it (like screw it up). Try just setting your computer's date backwards a few weeks (or years, or whatever). Say the game was installed Feb. 1st, 2003...well maybe it set itselt so that it will run on your computer as long as the date is before Feb. 8th, 2003...so just set the date back to before you installed the thing.

--Fred

7. MontanaMacster macrumors regular

Re: How to make a demo last longer...?

It is real easy, and its just one simple step...
    Buy it, and actualy support the development of something you enjoy.

8. dermeister macrumors 6502

dermeister

For god sakes he said he has never opened it and never got a trial of the demo...

I hate people like you that interject stupid, out of context, unhelpfull crap without even reading the actual post...

But yeah, try the clock thing. If not, you can always install it on a mac who'se never had it installed, then go find invisible files with creation date "today", and determine what is installed that locks you down.

- Der Meister

9. Frozone macrumors 6502

I downloaded iConquer and my free trial ran out. All you have to do is what everyone has said about the date. Set it back to a date that the free trail wouldn't have been up.

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

incidently, because no one would answer this, if you're trying to find an invisible file, you have to select "Add Criteria" in the Find File window, select Visibility, and select All. then just combine that with the filename search to turn up invisible as well as visible files...

pnw

11. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: Re: How to make a demo last longer...?

Thanks loads man... :mad:
    I never even saw it before they wanted me to pay for it.

The clock thing worked. I'm in 2001 ;)

Thanks. :D

12. MontanaMacster macrumors regular

Wasn't a stab at the original post

The only quote I used from the original thread (which I did read fully) was the tittle. I not coming down on that situation, but publicly giveing a solution which can be used for the wrong reasons is bad. This is the same as someone saying they lost the cd key to an expensive program and asking a public board for one that will work. That and the original situation both can be resolved by means of private messaging. This is not a warez board.

13. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: Wasn't a stab at the original post

First off:
    1.) This is not a massivly expensive program.
    2) Who are you supposto PM? Everyone? No, i don't think so.
    3) My title was correct, for my purpose. i didn't want people to ignore my thread, as people have in the past.
    4) This is obviously not a warez board or you would see alot more software swaping.
    5) My Macrumors Rule about P2P:
    Talking about P2P software - Good
    Using P2P software - What the hell, are you evil or something

That shows your feelings too. iConquer is an okay game, nothing that i need to bad to pirate for. (gasp)