How to make a DVD movie play over & over again?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by alaibubu, Feb 28, 2007.

1. alaibubu macrumors member

I'm making a slide show for my cousin's wedding using iMovie. It's all going to be just pictures of him and his fiance. They're planning to use a dvd player and I'm not willing to take my laptop. How can I make the movie play repeatedly automatically? Is it possible to do these using iDVD?

Thanks

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Do you have access to the DVD player? If so, see if it has a loop or repeat function.

ft

3. alaibubu thread starter macrumors member

guess I can try to request for a player with loop option.
    Thank you

4. seniorstinky macrumors regular

5. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Or there is an option that says "loop movie" in iDVD.

Select your movie in the menu, then click Advanced at the top, then Loop. This should loop your movie. :)

6. needlnerdz macrumors regular

needlnerdz

I have no experience with iDVD - but if you have Toast, then it's entirely possible... If you can have iDVD just build the 'video_ts' folder, or find where it is saving the .m2v files- drop them into toast as a "Video DVD"- where you can tell it to not use a menu system, play immediately when inserted, AND loop when finished playing. No special DVD player required. Therefore, I'd suggest buying Toast (have your brother sport the cost) - and once done with this project, you will really enjoy the many other uses of the software.

- If you are building the photos in iPhoto or iMovie- you may want to just export the movie files from that program.