Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webdrive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Annapolis
Hello,
I'm new to the Mac Cocoa/Objective-C world and am trying to find a framework that would allow me to release a shareware/demo version of my software and have it expire after 30 days. Once expired, the user would need to enter a product registration code to unlock the software.

Is there an existing Cocoa framework (or some other framework) that is generally used, or do most people write them from scratch.

I don't need the full blown registration system like AquaticPrime, I simply need a way to have my software stop working.

Thanks!
Michael

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Hello,
I'm new to the Mac Cocoa/Objective-C world and am trying to find a framework that would allow me to release a shareware/demo version of my software and have it expire after 30 days. Once expired, the user would need to enter a product registration code to unlock the software.

Is there an existing Cocoa framework (or some other framework) that is generally used, or do most people write them from scratch.

I don't need the full blown registration system like AquaticPrime, I simply need a way to have my software stop working.

To be honest, I think you've got your priorities wrong. Your first step should be writing an application where anyone would want to enter some registration code after 30 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.