Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
I finished making a slideshow/movie for my cousins wedding in iDVD, i am putting it into a case like this:
dvd-black-case.jpg

I want to make a back and front cover, and possible an inside table of contents or something. I have no idea what program to use, pages and keynote just don't have very many templates and i'm not sure about MS office.

If anyone knows of a good freeware program that is form something like version tracker e.i. dvd creator 2 (just fictional example) please post ASAP!, no thread crapping, i need to get this ASAP, please help!!!!

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
There aren't any programs that do this specifically that I am aware of. A search around the internet would turn up some templates you can drop into a program like InDesign, Illustrator, or even Pages and then you can design one yourself. As long as you know the measurements you could design one in almost any program. But I would stay away from Word as it has a lot of problems with page layout functions (always trying to put my pictures where it wants instead of where I want).

Graeme Pearce

macrumors newbie
Here's a real easy way to do it, assuming you have Excel.

1. Open a blank Excel worksheet.
2. Adjust the column width for the whole sheet to, say, 0.5 cm.
3. Make sure grid lines are set to print.
4. Print the blank page which will have nothing but grid lines on it.
5. Cut the sheet to the size you need for your inserts.
6. Count the number of columns and rows.
7. Go back to your spreadsheet and put a border around the cells you require.
8. Fill the cells inside the border you have created with your unique design.
9. Set print area to those cells inside your border.
10. Turn off gridlines.
11. Print your masterpiece.

Gp

macdon401

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2005
DVD sleeve

Hi...the previous post seemed a bit confusing or at least complex!
Here are the dimentions you want in inches, i am presuming you don't have Illustrator or some app like it. But you may be able to do it in MS Word, but set up these specs in a "painting" document so you can move your synbols/text around, I think you can do this in MS ...not too sure. I just did this last night
so it works! Canadians have to look out for one another...LOL
R
here's a JPEG of the layout
R

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,298

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
balamw said:
A bit surprising that iDVD doesn't do this for you as iTunes does for CD inserts.

B

thanks fellow Canadian! everyone has helped alot, i think i am going to do it in word.

thanks tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.