How to make iCloud tabs from 4S show on 10.8.2 Safari

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Iphone4sinwhite, Sep 22, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

I am able to see the tabs I have open in Safari on my cMBP with 10.8.2 on my iPhone 4S running iOS6. On my cMBP I would like to see the tabs I have open on my iPhone. However, when I click the small cloud button next to the forward arrow in Safari all I see is a dialog box with a cloud picture and the note: "iCloud automatically shows all open tabs on all your devices."

How do I see the tabs I have open on my phone in Safari on my cMBP?

2. macrumors 68030

I'm going to assume you are signed into iCloud on the phone and Safari is clicked on in the iCloud setting?
    Wait, I just confused myself I think, lol
    Make sure Safari is checked on the iPhone and on the computer under iCloud.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I assume I am, may username and password are shown in the iCloud area of settings.

4. macrumors 68030

Maybe force quit Safari on the iPhone. Open a new tab and see if it shows on the computer. Open tabs in Safari on the computer show on the iPhone, right? Oops, I see you said they do show.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I forced quit on Safari on my phone. I reopened the application and all the tabs reappeared. I opened another blank tab. Still, no luck with Safari on my cMBP.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

I turned off private browsing on my iPhone and all the tabs we nearly immediately available in safari on my cMBP.

7. macrumors 68030

Interesting. I never thought to ask if you had it on. Glad it works now.