iPad How to make theme icons work???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Maverik3, Mar 13, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

So I am having trouble with the glasklart theme. I have it on my iPhone 4s and it works great but when I put it on my iPad 2 (5.0.1) almost none of the icons work... So I don't know how to find the icons and rename them exactly. Any one have a step by step procedure? I looked online and saw a few explanations but I always get lost have no idea what they are talking about. So if anyone can explain how to rename them in ifile it would be much appreciated.:)

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

I have done it for my iPhone 4s and they all work just fine but when I try with the pad it poops out and I just can't get it working.... Any help?

3. macrumors 6502

Here is everything you need to know about making (or modifying) a theme.

And to sum it up, you go into
    Code:
    /private/var/stash/themes.xxx
    to edit a theme.

4. macrumors newbie

Black or unthemed icons?

If the problem is that the icons are black instead of the glassy icons, then you should SSH into /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework/
    and edit "AppIconMask-72.png" into something different, like for instance "AppIconMask-72backup.png". After a respring the black icons, will now be glassy, as they ought to be :p

If the icons isn't themed at all, it could be because the icon.png file, in the theme folder, is named uncorrectly :p
    The theme would be located in the /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/ folder
    Then you would have to edit the names of the icon.png to the corresponding name inside the
    /var/mobile/Applications/"Insert app name here" -- If it's an AppStore app
    /var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/Insert app name here" -- If it's a Cydia app or the ones that came with the iPad

hope this helped :)