How to Manually Select Album Artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cattywampus_, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502

Hey,

I really love the feature of getting album artwork through iTunes music store for my mp3's. Its much faster then say adding the image directly into the MP3 through itunes (that method takes ages if you apply it to 12+ songs). But with some of my music tags - it wont find some album artworks. So what I wanna know is if there is anyway to manually select the album artwork and then add it to the mp3 files in the same way it would do it if it were done automatically.

Ive used Amazon Album Artwork widget, but that takes ages aswell as it codes it into the Mp3 file.

Any ideas?

Thanx

2. BengalDuck macrumors regular

I've never used iTunes for getting album artwork. I've always done it myself. Seems like it's easier, because I have a lot of rare music that the ITMS wouldn't find.

Anyways, use google, amazon, or even wikipedia to find the cover. Highlight the songs you want, and drag the image to the bottom left where the "No Image Available" thingy is.

IT7 doesn't allow you to drag for multiple tracks (while the previous versions you did...), but you can right-click -> get info for the entire album and drag the image in to the smaller Album Artwork box on the lower right side of the Get Info screen.